Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Trash-picked Tuesday

Signs, signs, everywhere signs....

I am one of those people who can't resist a junk pile.  No matter what the sign says!


We have a cabin in upstate PA surrounded by woods and farm fields. It's pretty rural there and there is no trash pickup. And you can probably guess what happens under those circumstances- trash gets dumped in the woods, and has been for generations.

Until somone like me comes along and pulls it all back out again!

I found this sign on an old dilapidated shed back by a junk pile in the woods- of course it is just too cool for school and had to come on home with me. It's porcelain and made by the "Ready Made Sign Co. New York". I have no idea what was stored in the shed to warrant such a sign (possibly fertilizer?) but it's all long gone- I would put this sign no later than the early 1950s.

And you can guess where it's hanging in my house...

That's right, the bathroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment