Monday, April 26, 2010

Our treasure hauler

Michael over at Cul-de-sac Shack posted a picture of his "treasure hauler"- a 1992 F-150- so I thought I'd represent for GM (because we all know what F-O-R-D stands for) ;).



Our treasure hauler is a 1990 Chevy 1500. It's got 275,000 miles on it and is probably the most reliable of our three vehicles. (The other two would be a 2000 Buick LeSabre and a 1997 VW Jetta.)  It's been with my husband longer than I have! And I've learned to never get between a man and his truck!

I also want to point out that two-tone paint schemes are not just for 50s cars- many pickups sport them even today. The blue & silver paint on our truck is still pretty nice, but some spots have been re-done. It helps that my husband went to school for auto body repair.

I've hauled the black & white houndstooth chair I featured in the first Trash-picked Tuesday in it; thankfully I was driving it that day I saw the chair by the curb and not the Jetta! Having a cap on the back makes it extra nice- bad weather is never an issue.

It has also hauled my 1959 Seeburg jukebox and a 1970s pinball machine we picked up out in York, PA, so it can carry some precious (at least to me) cargo. And it has an extended cab to haul the dearest cargo of all- our two kids- because they inevitably get drageed along on all my treasure hunts!

No comments:

Post a Comment