Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trash-picked Tuesday: vanity mirror


On this issue of Trash-picked Tuesday, we have a lovely vintage vanity mirror. I'm sure it went with a 1930s/40s women's vanity, but all that was left by the time I got there was the mirror. As a matter of fact, I can't believe the mirror was still intact at all; I found it leaning up against one of those giant "Donate your used Clothing" bins in a parking lot. (Don't you ever wonder what treasures people might have put in those things?- I'm sure plenty of vintage clothing gets discarded there and eventually ends up made into rags overseas.)

As you can see it was in fine shape, and has a lovely etched vine pattern around the top. Now, I already have a very cool art deco vanity and bedroom set so I don't need a mirror for that (that'll be a feature post sometime down the road), so I stuck it on top of a couple old suitcases in a corner. It's a handy spot to grab a quick once-over before I walk out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment