Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trash-picked Tuesday- the Red Light District

So, right after I posted last week's (rather lame, admittedly) TPT feature, I came across a true gem. And you thought I was running out of trash-picked goodies, didn't you? I can hear it now: "Man, she's posting pix of the fruit in her cereal- that's really reaching..." Ha! Feast your eyes on the latest curbside find:



Better yet, wait til it gets dark:



Yes, the base lights up.

I found this not more than an hour after I posted last week, curbside on my way home from grocery shopping. It's going home to my brother's new house, a late 60s/70s bachelor pad where no doubt it will get plenty of attention.  (Good thing he's an electrician, because the cord and the switch need to be replaced. )

Hopefully he's going to settlement this week and I can set all these lamps free! I have a half dozen now in the basement waiting to go to his house. Between the ones I'm getting rid of (see last Friday's post!) and some I've scavenged for him, at least he'll have plenty of light. Furniture, maybe not. Or dishes, or appliances... but we're all set for lamps!

5 comments:

  1. I love lamps! I wish I could find good deals on them, much less free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lamp! My Gram had one almost exactly like that one, just it was green. I'm pretty sure she had a pair. And the inside lit up just like that. How cool is that, finding it free?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks so much for visiting and becoming a follower. I'm happy to follow your super fun blog too!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red lamps are my favorite. What does that say about me?? Lamps "turn me on". Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh love it!!!! Great score!!! Curb finds and free stuff are the best...
    -Nick :)

    ReplyDelete