Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thrifted Thursday!

Since this is strawberry season at our house I thought I'd share my favorite strawberries & cream container:




I bought this at a thrift store several years ago for $4. It's a 2 cup measuring cup made of milk glass with red painted trim. I know there is a whole set of this kind of ware- I've been looking for a matching sugar & creamer set for a while. I just don't remember the pattern name! It's really cute and perfect for holding washed & hulled strawberries fresh from the garden. Of course, most of the time the strawberries don't even make it into the house before they're eaten! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love your measuring pitcher! I've never seen one like that! I have a similar white Vitrock one, but not with the sweet red decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- it is cute but not so practical to use as a measuting cup- you can't see the measurements when you're filling it on the inside. That's probably why it survived with so little wear over 60 years!

    ReplyDelete