Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thrifted Thursday!


Whoever had the idea of making vases in the shape of ladies' heads anyway? And why are they so popular?
I'm confused... do flowers sprouting out of her head make her look sexy?

LOL- As you can tell, I'm not big on these things. But of course when I saw one for 30 cents, I had to buy it. I cleaned her up a bit, and repainted her lipstick. She's now ready to go to a new home.  Someday when I open my Etsy shop I'll probably sell her. Do any of you collect these things?

2 comments:

  1. I know some folks love these vases. If I found one for a couple dollars I might grab it, but otherwise I'm with you. A lady with a fern sticking out of her hat is charming in photos or someone else's collection, but not quiiiiite my thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 cents!! Whoa. Yes, I'll admit I kinda like these, not enough to pay big bucks like some I've seen in antique stores, but enough that I have lined the cheap ones I've found on a window sill and put some brightly colored flowers in their head!! LOL-Zootsuitmama
    ps-there is still a cottagy side of me.

    ReplyDelete