Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thrifted Thursday- Birthday Thrift Crawl Haul, pt. II

Here's part deux of the goodies I brought back from my annual birthday thrift crawl two weeks ago!

First, a long sleeved Ship-n-Shore blouse with a mandarin collar. It's hard to see from the photo, but the stripes are burgundy and grey. Perfect for all my grey pencil skirts - I have tons of those!


Second, a pair of deadstock wedge-type sandals. They're made in Germany, and I guess are similar to Clark's or Birkenstocks in that they have an orthopedic cork footbed. So comfy!





A cotton playsuit. I haven't yet decided if I will keep this or sell it- it's a little big for me, but with a belt might be OK. Excuse the wrinkles; in the middle of ironing this my iron died.


Close up of the pattern- it's green dots with either white or black centers:


This is probably one of the rarest things I have ever thrifted. It's a Schiaparelli silk shantung blouse, never worn. I am guessing that this is either early 50s (right before the fashion house went out of business) or from the 70s when they tried to resurrect the brand. Take a look at the label, and if anyone has any more info, please leave a comment. This is probably headed to the Etsy store, so I want to get it right. 


Close up of the label. If you look carefully underneath the label, the shirt is stamped "Factory Sample." 


And lastly the ivory beaded cardigan I scored at the Salvation Army. I believe it's cashmere and it had never been worn.


Next thrifting adventure is this Saturday- I'm on the hunt for a good vintage iron! LOL

2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous sweater! Have fun on your next outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you scored some swell stuff! Love the sweater, and that playsuit is cute ;)

    ReplyDelete