Thursday, May 24, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award

A big thank you to Dana over at Mid2Mod for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger award! I love her blog and I have learned so much about mid-century design from her posts. If you have a chance, stop on over and check it out! 


As a condition of the award, I am obligated to tell you seven things about myself, so here goes:

1) My "day job" is as a trumpet player and teacher. I went through school intending to be an orchestral musician and only after I graduated with a degree in Music did I realize that I wasn't good enough for that. But I still play and have fun.

2) Since that gig didn't work out as I anticipated, I went back and got a Master's in Museum Science. I was a museum curator for a while until deciding to stay at home with my kids.

3) I definitely do not like standard 9-5 office work, and really hate being told what to do. I am much happier being self-employed!

4) I take great pride in finding and using old versions of new objects. I do all my cooking and household chores with vintage items.

5) One of my first adult collections was vintage radios/phonos (I have at least 12 that I can think of off the top of my head- most work.

6) My favorite color is olive green.

7) If I had the money and a bigger garage I would buy my favorite car- a 1938 Buick Special, like this one:


But this one might be more practical for a family car:




3 comments:

  1. Love your favorite car...and I love olive green too! I wouldn't imagine there are a lot of us out there who would list that as a favorite color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Susie and I would definately take anyone of those cars or both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well deserved nomination, congrats!

    ReplyDelete