Monday, January 4, 2010


Here's a drink to your health!
I've been a tea drinker all my life. I drink a pot of green or black tea almost every day- today it's Constant Comment, a favorite since it was first introduced in 1945.
My tea pot is a vintage gold-colored anodized aluminum pot. I collect anodized aluminum and use some of it just about every day. You're probably most familiar with the colorful cups and pitchers of the 1950s, but it seems as though just about everything for the kitchen was made in the material. In addition to the teapot, I have cups, pitchers, cake carriers, cream & sugar sets, etc. It's a great, durable, kid-friendly material. It doesn't bother me if the cups get a dent or ding now and then- because it sure beats cleaning up cheap broken plastic stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I love the little pot! I worked in the japanese teahouse at Descanso Gardens (in Los Angeles) in the 80s and we used to use little pots like that all the time. Just looking at it brings the flavor of green tea and ginger cookies to my mouth. And there's nothing like a good cuppa. Chin chin!

    ReplyDelete