Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trash-picked Tuesday: sTrike my fancy


I bet you all thought I had run out of stuff for Trash-picked Tuesday! 

Nope.  :P

I've been pretty busy lately, with some family obligations and getting back into the fall schedule. Like a lot of things in my life, I've been getting a little bit behind here at the PIT. But bear with me, there are big things brewing...

Anyway, I've had this darling little trike for a couple of years. I remember riding one when I was a kid (and occasionally as an adult, hehe) that was very similar to this one. So when I saw it out by the curb, I grabbed it. I thought it would be perfect for my daughter, now 2 1/2.

When I got it home, I realized it needed a bit of work (big surprise). It needs the back step welded to the frame, or it wobbles uncontrollably (much like I did when riding a trike as an adult, LOL.) So I haven't fixed it yet, and my kids might be too big for it by next spring.

I'm thinking about hanging a flower basket on the front and parking it in my garden.

2 comments:

  1. I had one similar to that as a kid! It was blue and I love it dearly! I would ride it around the block endlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a slightly more modern version that was blue with a yellow seat,it was called a dinky:)I think i rode it until it fell apart lol:)

    ReplyDelete