Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thrifted Thursday- Back to School!


OK, so it's not a Smurfs (I had one of those) or a Star Wars lunch box. It's a real workingman's lunch box, made by Thermos in the 40s or 50s. My son picked this out as his school lunch box, and I couldn't be prouder of him. We found it for $4 at a thrift store, and it's in great shape. It does not have the original Thermos inside, however, but we found another one that fits inside the bracket in the lid. I just hope it holds up for a couple of years- I mean, it's lasted this long, but I doubt if it ever went to elementary school!

2 comments:

  1. I have one just like this but its all black! It was my great Grand fathers and its on a shelf in the kitchen. It hads some power cords inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son has wonderful taste. I can just picture a little guy carrying that to school. Hope you share photos with us!

    ReplyDelete