Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Trash-picked Tuesday, part drei!

I thought I'd change the pace a little bit from all the BIG things I've trash picked and featured some of the smallest (but don't worry- back to BIG next week!) Here are a couple little things I picked up about two years ago.



There's a great flea market/farmer's market not far from where I live, called Rice's Market. It's one of those great Pennsylvania country flea markets where you can buy just about everything. It's open year-round every Tuesday morning, and Saturdays in warmer weather.

You can find some really great pieces, especially if you're into primitives or farm antiques (or also cheap Chinese imports and designer knock-offs, if that's more your thing...).

But my favorite thing to do is to wait until they're closing down and haunt the trash bins where dealers put stuff they don't want to take home. That's where I found this super-cool black & pink swan planter, as well as the 1940s chalkware fruit pin she's carrying. Both were in perfect shape; I can't say why they were discarded, but as you know, if it's free, it's for me!

So the swan, which matches my bathroom perfectly, has found a home there holding my emery boards. I just found the perfect dress to wear with the fruit pin- that will be featured on Thrifted Thursday, so stay tuned.

Thanks to all my new followers, I am planning the very first Practice in Time Giveaway. When I reach 25 of you, I'll find something special, so spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment