Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thrifted Thursday- clothing day!

On this episode of Thrifted Thursday I am featuring some of the items I picked up this past Saturday on my "I'm taking the day off and going shopping for my birthday" spree. I hit a place I haven't been to in at least 5 years. I'll have to go back more often, because I always find really good vintage clothes there. I just haven't been there lately because it is not an easy thing to keep track of 2 little kids in a place with three stories of floor-to-celing junk. (Yes, I know- sounds like home, but still...)

First up is a darling bluish-gray knit set. I'm guessing this is from the early 50s by the construction, but it could be earlier. (I have a similar outfit that I know is 1930s.) It cost me $5, and will probably cost double that to get cleaned- it's got a real musty smell.



But my score for the day was this really great 1930s/early 40s dress.



It's a lightweight gray wool with self-fabric buttons and a cute pocket detail on the chest. It's in perfect shape with no moth holes or tears. It is missing one button, so I think I will use a sparkly rhinestone button and move it to the top hole for a bit of sparkle. It was a bit of a splurge for me at $22, but I don't really have many cool-weather vintage dresses; they're mostly all light summery ones.

I'm planning on going out this weekend, so I may wear it then!

No comments:

Post a Comment